Spotify or Pandora

A relative pointed out two music download websites: Spotify and Pandora. I don't know anything about music downloads. But I was hoping to stream hi-rez original artist oldies. I tried one selection on Spotify and it sounded like MP3 quality and didn't seem like original artists were singing.

Please advise. I would love to stream in hi-rez oldies from the 50s and 60s, but don't know if Spotify or Pandora are good sources.

Thanks
bifwynne
I finally made the leap to Tidal after researching that it's the only true PCM, and now my Verizon plan with unlimited data is cheaper than my previous plan with xxgb cap (YES you must look into it...they're not exactly going to tell you the plans changed!)

Maybe because I'm in Chicagoland with insane data coming off cell towers but I'm driving around with Tidal app on iPhone into USB on rear of my car's Pioneer head unit and I cannot tell the difference. The SQ truly is the best I've heard and I've tried them all. 1 drink at a bar seems to cost 10 bucks, so that's nothing considering you have anything at your fingertips. 

The companies making head units, however, are WAY behind the curve and no firmware upgrade will add Tidal to the stereo's in-dash abilities, but luckily the Pioneer picks up the signal as Pandora and will still play. But you need to use phone Tidal app to change anything so...hands free? LOL better keep eyes on the road!

The Mac Tidal app also offers outstanding SQ on my system so the home-based thing is great too
there's no question that under optimal listening conditions, through good equipment, tidal sounds  better than spotify. however, in the less than optimal conditions i do the majority of my listening (gym/car/noisy office), the difference isn't as significant, and for me the superior library and interface (+lower cost) of spotify is the deciding factor. pandora is the most user-friendly but has a far too skinny library and sounds bad to me.
all the streaming services apply digital filters which mess up the sound of the song compared to playback on jriver with lossless filesif youre not using spotify or tidal for the convenience factor you should drop your subscription and just play your files locally
In fact, I think Spotify is a better choice. In addition, you can search Google for a number of related download methods to get rid of its format restrictions. You only need to select any one of them, then you can easily download Spotify playlist to MP3.
"Is there a way to download music from streaming service to hard disc? "
Yes there is a way to record what you are streaming and it consists of you downloading Sound Tap. It's a simple program that lets you record in real time what you are streaming . It will also record anything up to 24 / 192.Cheers Jim.