Spotify or Pandora

A relative pointed out two music download websites: Spotify and Pandora. I don't know anything about music downloads. But I was hoping to stream hi-rez original artist oldies. I tried one selection on Spotify and it sounded like MP3 quality and didn't seem like original artists were singing.

Please advise. I would love to stream in hi-rez oldies from the 50s and 60s, but don't know if Spotify or Pandora are good sources.

Thanks
bifwynne
all the streaming services apply digital filters which mess up the sound of the song compared to playback on jriver with lossless filesif youre not using spotify or tidal for the convenience factor you should drop your subscription and just play your files locally
In fact, I think Spotify is a better choice. In addition, you can search Google for a number of related download methods to get rid of its format restrictions. You only need to select any one of them, then you can easily download Spotify playlist to MP3.
"Is there a way to download music from streaming service to hard disc? "
Yes there is a way to record what you are streaming and it consists of you downloading Sound Tap. It's a simple program that lets you record in real time what you are streaming . It will also record anything up to 24 / 192.Cheers Jim.