Does this image give you claustrophobia?

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lis94bdd-mcintosh-xrt-2k-gloss-black-lacquer-ultra-high-end-speake...

What a great set up.... in about a fourth of the space it should have. I literally get anxious looking at it. 

You? 

erik_squires
Maybe the 32 inch TV is just the menu screen for streaming service??? Might be.
Hahahaha. 

But it seems there are 3 speakers wrapped around it. 

Seriously hope this was the distributor's home. 

I'm reminded of a story I read, perhaps here, about a guy who collected reel to reel decks, but never listened to them, just liked to see them spinning and have the meters light up and move. Had a dozen of them. 
I don’t get a claustrophobic feeling at all. I saw another picture of the guys listening room in another ad and it is actually quite deep. I think it’s the cameras close up that gives you that feeling.

I have 2 McIntosh systems and listen to both on a daily basis.
If somebody wants to blow large bucks for a wall of Macs I say COOL. It's like art...sort of...and I do like blue meters as I'm shallow and easily drawn to shiny objects. I know some people with too much money and they tend to put their housing specific sound bucks into multi room systems they can run from their iPhones, and I don't care...the good news is that a GREAT sounding system can be assembled for little money (relatively) and enjoyed by the "active" listener...most very wealthy people in my orbit are too busy for that.

Like I said everyone knows Mac owners purchase more for looks than for sound, quality.

And if you object, you probably own one, and also believe auto transformers on solid state amps are the real deal.   

Cheers George