Power help

I know that power is probably the weak link in both of my systems. I have a Linn system in my media room and Violectric headphone system in my office. For both, I have them going to an APC XS1500 Backup UPC. Is this terrible? My house does have occasional power hiccups and outages. Can someone please give me some advice on reasonable ways to upgrade my setup? 
128x128snatex
Why not check out a PS Audio Powerplant? It regenerates the incoming line voltage and produces a new clean sine-wave for your components.
  It regulates voltage, cleans dirty power from the grid, and lowers the noise floor.

Looks like those start at about $5k. That's a bit steep. Is that the only thing that actually works? 
A good UPS will cost somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1000 to $1500, depending on inverter output quality, battery capacity and inverter capacity. I was able to score a few surplus 1500VA Eaton 9130’s with one string of batteries (all you really need for hifi) for $250 each. It’s all time and place. The 9130 has 9-factor power quality correction (surges, brownouts, phase, blackout, transient noise and others), and produces the vitally important perfect sine wave output, free of harmonics. Just keep your ear to the ground on fleabay and Kijiji for similar deals.