My Amp is Broken - Not Sure What to Do - Any Recommendations?

I went to turn on my Audio Research SD135 amplifier the other day, but it will not turn on. According to the Audio Research service technician I spoke to, the problem is a broken Thermal Trak module chip. He said that it is a temperature sensing component, and that replacements are no longer being manufactured. He said that it is a known problem, and that Audio Research will give me credit to purchase an Audio Research amplifier from an Audio Research authorized dealer. 

I was wondering if Audio Research makes anything powerful enough to drive Vandersteen 3A Signature speakers (which need between 100 - 200 watts of power)? I am using an Audio Research SP8 Mk II as a pre-amp.

I don't really have much of a budget and am not sure what to do. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.
distortions
Heck, I had the same speakers with a Modwright KWI 200 which offered 200 into 8 and 400 Watts into 4 ohms which was more than enough power. 
I also ran a pair of Thiel CS 3.6 with a Pass Labs X150.5 amp,,150/8, 300/4 ohms and never had a problem. 

Youve got a great preamp.