My Amp is Broken - Not Sure What to Do - Any Recommendations?

I went to turn on my Audio Research SD135 amplifier the other day, but it will not turn on. According to the Audio Research service technician I spoke to, the problem is a broken Thermal Trak module chip. He said that it is a temperature sensing component, and that replacements are no longer being manufactured. He said that it is a known problem, and that Audio Research will give me credit to purchase an Audio Research amplifier from an Audio Research authorized dealer. 

I was wondering if Audio Research makes anything powerful enough to drive Vandersteen 3A Signature speakers (which need between 100 - 200 watts of power)? I am using an Audio Research SP8 Mk II as a pre-amp.

I don't really have much of a budget and am not sure what to do. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.
distortions
Heck, I had the same speakers with a Modwright KWI 200 which offered 200 into 8 and 400 Watts into 4 ohms which was more than enough power. 
I also ran a pair of Thiel CS 3.6 with a Pass Labs X150.5 amp,,150/8, 300/4 ohms and never had a problem. 

Youve got a great preamp.  
Shame on ARC for telling you that your amp is now junk and not repairable! A company that cannot repair their own products doesn't deserve any customers! Find a talented technician that can get your amp going again. Surely there must be a compatible IC chip that will work as a replacement!
Vandy 3a sigs should not have caused the amp to overheat, unless you were really driving them towards clipping.
I have no experience with Audio Research, but I suggest you contact John Rutan at Audioconnection. He is a member here (audioconnection), so you can PM him and get his take on this. 
You could also call Vandersteen. Mr. V. will call back the next day and give you probably the same information.
In any case, I think your amp should have enough power to work with the 3a sigs at reasonable levels.
Bob