No one actually knows how to lculate what speaker cable they need

It goes back to cable manufaturars, mostly provide no relevant data! to sales and the users. None will answer this!
Whay do you think that you own now the optimal cable to your setup?
I think I've figured it out. 

b4icu

b4icu,

Michael, presently both ends are connected by spades.

I just went to douglasconnection.com introduce by grannyring to purchase 8 banana and 8 spade connectors size for 4AWG wire. On checkout, they only ship to a US address. I am not from US, so I contacted them by email to see if they can help. Waiting for their response.

I plan to use banana at the Telos 600 end and spade at the speaker end. So I run 4awg 1.5m to mid/high and another 4awg 1.5m to the woofer. I cannot find special coaxial connector for the amp.

I have another Telos 600 connected to the Revel Voice 2 Centre speaker, should I use the same 4AWG 1.5m?

My good friend have a Passlabs 350.8 to Wilson Alexia Speakers 2.5m. Kindly advise for his cable size. Thank you so much for all your help. We would have save lots of money if we know you earlier. Have a good day.

Mr. khiak

1.     The Bi-wire thing is not of any advantage over single wire, as long their combined cross section (or gauge) of the bi-wire equals to the single wire. It was a trend with a story (another urban myth blown away) in the 90's.

2.     All Telos 600 amp's need the same speaker cable as I've told you, as it depends on the Dumping Factor of the amp. and not the load (the speaker). That apply to all amp's you have.

3.     Pass labs 350.8 (all X series have the same DF) Dumping Factor is 150. A bit poor, but it is what it is. He needs a 4 AWG for the 2.5-3m length.
A Lovely Setup. I made a set of cables to my friend here who has a Pass Lab 250.8 and a B&W 802D speaker.

https://imgur.com/a/LF0vyGZ

https://imgur.com/a/42eh3h1

4.     Who said it's coming for free? :-)
You and your friend are kindly requested to share your data and impressions of the sound with your new cables ref. to the once replaced.

I hope you can do that for me…? Thanks.

With the "special coaxial connector for the Telos 600 amp.", 

I contacted  Mr. Rodolphe from Goldmund, Swiss just before the weekend. I'll most likely get his educated answer tomorrow (Mon.).
He would rather specify this special connector and a source, or offer a Goldmund's matching connectors.

I'll post his replay here on this thread for you.

Dear Professor Michael,

Please find photos of the cable I built as a result of your tutelage at the following links:

https://imgur.com/a/12C7MQM

https://imgur.com/a/vIL3qs0

I hope this helps you and your disciples.

All the Best

I may be mistaken here, but isn’t the net effect of this and bi-wiring the same? My understanding is that bi-wiring
connects one pair of terminals at the amp end along four lengths of wire, connecting to four terminals at the speaker end. Given that both pairs of cable carry full range signals, what you’re effectively doing is increasing the gauge of the cable that’s delivering the signal to the speaker.

And that’s the same principle we’re talking about in this thread.

What b4icu is doing is setting a lower limit on the gauge of the cable that connects the speakers and amp. He’s been saying all along (I think) that it doesn’t matter whether you use one cable, two, or 10, as long as the combined gauge meets that lower limit, you’ll get the improvement.

Now, whether you agree that the DF of an amp is in any way an indicator of what cable you need, or whether b4icu has a formula that works, or even whether there’s a theoretical maximum gauge of cable for an amps DF (why not just go 8/0 and be done with it), is a separate point. As are cable weaves and twists, insulation material, termination solder material, etc.

My point is, like for like, bi-wired 12 awg should be the same as a single cable of 9 awg, so why wouldn’t upping the gauge to 0 have a bigger difference? Or is there some benefit to carrying the same full range signal along two cables?

Happy to be schooled, but I’m also going to try this idea out.