Vintage receivers???

Considering buying a classic vintage receiver or integrated amp for my second system. At the moment I've been looking at Marantz 2200 series, but I'm just starting.................Power isn't a big concern as this will not be played at concert hall levels. ........Good sound quality is important.........My questions are, A) Recommendations........B) typical cost for recap and alignments.......and is it worth the cost and trouble?

Thanks
shadowcat2016
I’d say the 240 is a horrible choice if you’re looking for a unit to learn on. The gigantic caps in it aren’t cheap. It’s full of unobtanium transistors. And most importantly, you NEED a bench full of gear to properly adjust one. They’re prone to oscillating if not properly dialed in. I’ve read a few stories where experienced techs have dug into 200 series amps to do simple work and end up with 500mV at 250kHz on the outputs or something like that and no clue why.
I guess I was wrong about the Marantz 240 if 'Kosst "is correct.  I suppose that my reliance on units that still function and my inability to do my own repairs, has made me a cheerleader to those that want to or do.

I wish I had a repairman (no bench in my apartment) Or someway be able to do it myself someday.
Mapleshade Scott lk48, using one for second system. I think it plays as good or better than a lot of $3000 integrated amps, very musicalI run this amp more than main system. 6 ohm 86 db speakers in a 800 square foot room,sounds big and detailed. Turn it on 9am till 1 or 2 in the morning on weekends and 5pm till midnight on week days for last 3 years on same tubes, never a problem. There something very special about el84 tubes

Post removed