JBL - almost nothing for sale, why?

I wonder why that is...the JBL L100 made me fall in love with hi fidelity back in like 1978, when I heard for the first time how amazing recorded music can sound. 
ovaklakah
Here are my suggestions: Be patient, check eBay or Craigslist. I love the old, large JBLs (L100, L200, L300, Olympus, S7, S8, Paragon, etc). With so many audiophiles aging and retiring, they do show up occasionally. If they haven't been taken care of, they are often in rough shape because they were stored in the garage for the last 20 years. The biggest issue, as you probably realize, is that the components have been damaged by neglect. Just be sure to hear them before you buy.
I used to own a pair of JBL Century 100's back in the mid 70's, and other than a faint resemblance of the original, that new "L-100" is a total re-design of the old one. One would think the sound of the two wouldn't be comparable. IMO. $4000 is a lot of money for nostalgia.
If Samsung made the 4350's again I think it would sell well depending on the price and create a lot of interest. Probably cost too much. Own 2 pairs of 4350's and it's pretty much the end of line for me. The ultimate at the time. I feel there's a lot of audiophiles never seen a pair or less that have heard them in the proper room. IMO.     
I had a pair of JBL L-100s and original Bose 901’s since forever.  I gave my goddaughter the 901’s with chrome stands and my nephew the L-100’s with wood stands along with a NAD 7140 receiver each.  They love the old school stereo equipment, and I wanted to leave them something to remember me by.  Plus it gave me an excuse to upgrade my gear :-)