Best MM?

I want to try a MM with my Herron VTPH-2a. What's the best one? Maestro 2, Zephyr III, AT VM760SLC? Something else?
dhcod
I found this comprehensive cartridge review by Michael Fremer very useful:

https://www.stereophile.com/taxonomy/term-a/172

Based on the above, and budget, I chose the Clearaudio Maestro V2 Ebony MM cartridge, sound is excellent IMHO. I have no plans to change out this cartridge.

Music is subjective while cartridge specifications and price are objective. It’s needless to compare a $200 cartridge with a 1K cartridge, but cartridges should be compared in the same price range to get anything meaningful out of the comparison.

Anytime someone comes up with a cheap cartridge that’s better than an expensive one, that conversation gets deleted.

In regard to cartridges, I have several points to make; each cartridge, in each price range, in each brand is unique, and there is one that will take you to "Shangri La".

Forums like this are a good starting point, but you will have to experiment for yourself; anyone’s claims that a cartridge is best, means that it is the best for him, or her.
Budget, FYI, is up to $1500. 

I guess it's just going to be trial and error.... starting with either the Audio Note IO3 or the Clearaudio Maestro V2 Ebony.
Vortrex, thank you. No, I am not going to replace my Goldring 1042 right now. $1000 is a lot of money in my book, besides I like some edginess in the sound, Audio Note might be too refined for my taste. No way to know, though, unless you try.
Nagaoka MP500 and the Audio Note cost about the same. I never really think German when it comes to analog.
Budget, FYI, is up to $1500.

That's enough for some amazing and very rare MM cartridges from the 80s in NOS condition, why do you want modern production of MM in MC era ? The problem is that you will lose money on it (if you don't like them), while the NOS or even used vintage MM heritage is only raise up in value in time, never lose.