Best MM?

I want to try a MM with my Herron VTPH-2a. What's the best one? Maestro 2, Zephyr III, AT VM760SLC? Something else?
dhcod
Budget, FYI, is up to $1500.

That's enough for some amazing and very rare MM cartridges from the 80s in NOS condition, why do you want modern production of MM in MC era ? The problem is that you will lose money on it (if you don't like them), while the NOS or even used vintage MM heritage is only raise up in value in time, never lose.   

Dhcod, this is no game; if you are a music lover it is essential that you get as much as possible out of each and every time you play a record.

Since this is for the long haul, go to the max on your budget. The Clearaudio Maestro V2 Ebony sounds like a good start.

Cartridges are not an investment, they are for your supreme audio pleasure; bonds and stocks are for investment.

Dear @dhcod : If you are really specific on those 3 cartridge mentioned then you can't go wrong with either.

Something else? the Ortofon 2M Black, Audio Note Iq3, Reson Reca  and many more.

R.

Inna, $1000 is a lot of money to me to, but trading in my Sonata for the Grado Master 2 turned out to be the right way to go for me, and I have never been so delighted.

I would try a new cartridge every other day if I had the dough, but that's not the case.

My line of reasoning was quite simple; if I liked the Sonata, I would like the Grado Master 2 even better.
@orpheus10  

I would try a new cartridge every other day if I had the dough, but that's not the case.

Why not? But only if you really like to discover some amazing cartridges.
Grado MI cartridges are good until you will find something better, it's always like that. At the moment the best Grado i've tried was Joseph Grado Signature TXZ, flagship model from the 80s. Here is a good documentary about Grado Lab