WHY DO SOME AUDIOPHILES THINK YOU ARE BRAGGING WHEN YOU ARE SHARING?

I have seen many people share what they have and what they have heard on audiogon and there are always a few people that come on with negative comments about the person bragging or,the put down the higher end gear that one is speaking about.  Why do you think that happens?
calvinj
But it is interesting and a bit troubling that those who claim to be audiophiles, sometimes comment negatively on other’s component choices when they themselves have no experience with them or have never even listened to them. The ever increasing lack of accountability in our times is a problem, and it is enabled by online and faceless social media. It would be a very different world if government leaders were required to do their jobs in their underwear.

Stereo5: I hear you. I too have been criticized for owning, and ENJOYING, products by Manley Labs, EAR and Thiel. And, not ONCE did the critic have first hand experience with these manufacturers or their fine products. Yeah, there's First Amendment rights, but there's also helpfulness, compassion and common courtesy, which is becoming, unfortunately, increasingly uncommon.
You have no right to enjoy anything without the tacit approval of other people...that's simply rude. It's OK to own all the aforementioned stuff, just try to temper your enjoyment until everybody agrees that your gear heap is praise worthy.
stevecham said:

" But it is interesting and a bit troubling that those who claim to be audiophiles"

I agree with your statement but this part of it does present some issues. What type of experience does one have to have to claim to be an "audiophile"? I would agree with you, the key is having enough experience to comment on the topic on hand with some level of authority.....but who has experienced everything? And at what point in time do we suspend common sense and healthy skepticism in order to give credibility to some of the ridiculous things some audiophiles advocate....even those who believe in infinite 'tweakability' invariably find some tweaks and processes to be preposterous.