WHY DO SOME AUDIOPHILES THINK YOU ARE BRAGGING WHEN YOU ARE SHARING?

I have seen many people share what they have and what they have heard on audiogon and there are always a few people that come on with negative comments about the person bragging or,the put down the higher end gear that one is speaking about.  Why do you think that happens?
calvinj

+1 glupson.

calvinj,

How many ways will you find to ask the same question, and why are you obsessed with this unimportant topic? Yes, people can be unkind in their comments about others systems etc., but why dwell on it?

There seems to be a lot of angst and navel gazing in the audiophile community regarding this topic and its variations.
Why ask unimportant questions that have nothing to do with this hobby?  

If someone chooses to brag about the size or performance of their gear, they should be able to handle a bit of abuse. 
"Why ask unimportant questions that have nothing to do with this hobby?"
We have been trying to figure that one out over a couple of threads.
n80 and stereo5.... I commend your comments. I believe there are 3 or more classifications in the audio realm.
1) Those who are totally satisfied with their systems and just want to enjoy the music they love.
2) Those who think their systems sound decent and just want to make incremental improvements if even to a small degree as finances allow.

3) Those with almost unlimited funds and can afford to put money into the "best" gear out there.
I don't criticize anyone in all 3 categories. I fit in category 2. A person may buy a $200K sports car that will go 180 + mph. Even though they will never drive it that fast (hopefully), they have the knowledge that they could if they wanted. Many types of products are designed to out perform the user's intent.
I've never heard any of those super high end audio systems. Would be interesting to hear how much better they sound than mine. But, reading some posts from those that fit into category 3, some good points and recommendations can be had for the rest of us. They probably made incremental steps on the way. It's all about the music.