WHY DO SOME AUDIOPHILES THINK YOU ARE BRAGGING WHEN YOU ARE SHARING?

I have seen many people share what they have and what they have heard on audiogon and there are always a few people that come on with negative comments about the person bragging or,the put down the higher end gear that one is speaking about.  Why do you think that happens?
calvinj
Why ask unimportant questions that have nothing to do with this hobby?  

If someone chooses to brag about the size or performance of their gear, they should be able to handle a bit of abuse. 
"Why ask unimportant questions that have nothing to do with this hobby?"
We have been trying to figure that one out over a couple of threads.
n80 and stereo5.... I commend your comments. I believe there are 3 or more classifications in the audio realm.
1) Those who are totally satisfied with their systems and just want to enjoy the music they love.
2) Those who think their systems sound decent and just want to make incremental improvements if even to a small degree as finances allow.

3) Those with almost unlimited funds and can afford to put money into the "best" gear out there.
I don't criticize anyone in all 3 categories. I fit in category 2. A person may buy a $200K sports car that will go 180 + mph. Even though they will never drive it that fast (hopefully), they have the knowledge that they could if they wanted. Many types of products are designed to out perform the user's intent.
I've never heard any of those super high end audio systems. Would be interesting to hear how much better they sound than mine. But, reading some posts from those that fit into category 3, some good points and recommendations can be had for the rest of us. They probably made incremental steps on the way. It's all about the music.

I love wealthy audiophiles. They are very knowledgeable and always willing to share their opinions about stuff I might buy or stuff I’ll never buy. Also, they sell me their used gear at a reasonable price because they love to see it go to a fellow audiophile. 
Comparison is the thief of joy. Enjoy what you have and appreciate the things you might not ever have. There’s so many people who won’t even have something to eat. Not just in third world countries but in the good ol USA
n80:

"What type of experience does one have to have to claim to be an "audiophile?" I would say anyone who posts here. Otherwise, they would be bored to tears.

"...but who has experienced everything?" No one. However, it's a bit sad that someone has the energy and motivation to be uninformed and critical about audio equipment. Questions, on the other hand, are always welcomed.

"And at what point in time do we suspend common sense and healthy skepticism in order to give credibility to some of the ridiculous things some audiophiles advocate...(?)" Hey, I'm a fan of sci-fi novels and movies; suspension of disbelief is required to enjoy such speculation. BUT, I do not give credibility to those concepts not yet fully realized. Sure they may eventually become reality (cell phones, spaceflight, 70 mph speed limits, gravity waves, Higgs boson, single molecule sensitivity in diagnostic assays, 'perfect sound forever' (joke!)).

And Wolf: I think you hit the nail on the head. Shame on me; what was I thinking? I'll ask permission from now on.