My dilemma

I have a Mac 275mkvi with a Conrad Johnson preamp driving Magnepan 1.7. I have been looking for a simpler setup that my wife can run. Also some system that has a ht bypass. I am about to pull the trigger on a hint 6 or peachtree nova 150. Sound wise am I making a mistake?
audiomaze
I would get a Bricasti M1 Dac which has volume control and remote volume control. Plug that into your Mac. Then I would get a Melco N1 and record your music on that. Then I would download Music Life remote app on your phone or IPad . that will show all the music you have. All your wife needs to do is turn on the Bricasti then the Melco and then the Mac. Open the app, chose an album and enjoy.

But hey what do I know. 
If they love current, then tube amps could be the better choice. Though, having myself owned 1.7is with a Halo Integrated (mk1), I can tell you it's a good combo and the Hint has plenty of grunt. It won't produce the "bloom" of that MC275, but no SS amp will. You'll trade some tube sweetness for an all-in-one solution that is nothing to scoff at. Those Maggies should also benefit from using the Hint's bass management to cut them off from the lowest octave.

I think the biggest mistake you could make would be going with the Peachtree.