Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Of all the speaker manufacturers currently on the market, which company would you say whose products are most comparable to Thiel? 

As for time-coherent, Vandersteen probably comes the closest but the sound is a bit more should I say warmer?
I can't really think of any brand from the top of my head.
@andy2, I've been wondering that myself.  For those of us who mostly use digital playback I think the ultimate setup will use digital/software crossovers that can be switched to whatever you want.  Heck, my 12 year old Velodyne sub has this option.  You can choose any slope from 6 to 48db/octave.  There is a built in digital equalizer, etc.  They aren't the only ones to have done this.  DEQX is still around and does everything digitally.  I don't think they provide the option for phase correct 6db crossovers right now but I'm pretty sure they could if they wanted to.  It's just software.
jon_5912:I supposed you can use digital but it has its draw back but ultimately you need to have the drivers that can handle 6db roll off which is usually the problem in first order design.
But digital has other drawbacks which I am not sure this thread is the best place to discuss.

Yes, unsound, I agree that when Dunlavy were around their speakers tended to share the general characteristics I hear in Thiels.