Integrated Amp Recommendation

I have a Musical Fidelity A3.2 integrated amplifier that started making static when the volume is adjusted. The authorized repair shop informs me it needs a complete overhaul -- for $900. I am considering 3 options:

1) Repair it -- the repair shop tells me essentially they don't make them anymore like they used to and this is a great unit that I can get another 10 years out of.

2) Replace it with a Musical Fidelity M5si for $2k or a few hundred less for a factory-refurbished unit.

3) Something else... Rotel 1592? Parasound Halo?

The speakers are B&W 804's. Input is a Naim Uniti media server through a Naim DAC. No vinyl.

Any advice, recommendations and suggestions welcome!

Thanks,

Bill
128x128wsomers
@wsomers 

What kind of B&W 804 are yours? The latest 804 D3 or D2 or D1 or 804S? 
Those integrated that you listed above are very good for the money. If you want to go with the Musical Fidelity you should consider the M6si. The Rotel RA-1592 is very good at $2500 retail price and will pair well with your B&W 804. Rotel and B&W usually have good synergy together. The Parasound Halo Integrated is pretty awesome too. 

But since you already have a Naim streamer and a Naim DAC you won't need a DAC in the integrated amp. I recommend you get an analog integrated amp. There are countless options out there. The Rega Elicit-R or the Osiris analog integrated amps are spectacular sounding very musical. 
Don't pay $900 to have that fixed. I'd almost bet a kidney that it's simply a bad Alps volume pot. They likely use the orange series which is junk unless it's only used for knob position tracking. Find a different, honest tech to install a Blue Velvet.
Can you see the volume control with the lid removed?  If so, I would be inclined to give it a good shot of contact cleaner through any visible gaps in the control.  Might be a cheap fix.
For a new integrated, my recommendation is a Wired 4 Sound STI 500.  Both pairs of my B&W speakers sound better with this amp than any class a/b amps I’ve tried.  Note, I’m using separates not an integrated.