... thoughts on Taylor Swift's REPUTATION CD...

Hello to all... Am wondering how other audiophile folks who critically listen to music as coordinated recorded sounds access the newest offering from Taylor Swift.

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT IF YOU HAVE NOT YET HEARD THE CD IN ITS ENTIRETY.
AND PLEASE LIMIT COMMENTS WITH REGARDS TO SOUND - NOT ALL THE OTHER STUFF (looks, dating, etc) 

I find the recording fairly well done: abit thumpy throughout (which seems to be the trend in pop/indie music for the masses), but highly divergent in tones, dynamics, and harmonies. Deep and wide soundstage... Most vocals (within my system) are believeable (for the most part) but sometimes muddy up at the complicated refrains with several overdubs of her voice...

I think this is a good stereo test recording. YOUR THOUGHTS APPRECIATED...
justvintagestuff
I am honestly wondering where all of these oddball posts are being generated. I have been a member for quite a while and I don't recall seeing so many pedantic posts. It is as if there is a "hired staff"  with little knowledge of audio to generate posts, thereby generating interest in Audiogon. Frankly these seem fake and rather pointless, not trying to be offensive here and I am sorry if I am but has anybody noticed this phenomenon ? Even the post headlines are very odd. Something like "HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED..." , or "WHEN I TURNED OFF MY AMP SOMETHING WENT WRONG...." This is just weird and very uninviting. Make a header that says something. Make some sense please!
You wrote a whole paragraph complaining about oddball posts that don't make sense and didn't even remotely make yourself clear. Maybe its contagious.
Thank you n80 for your explaination of acman3 post about the DR site.
For some reason: the acman3 post showed up after my post questioning it (look at the times: acman3 at 2:26 and my post at 3:27).

greg22lz: Confused by your post; not sorry if I seem pedatic to you. My title for the forum is pretty direct and I ask because I'd like to know, not annoy you...

My topic is under the MUSIC FORUM; I am not an audiophile, I am a music lover. Maybe I shouldn't be posting here, maybe this is too sophisticated a site, maybe too high-brow - or maybe you should be blowing your steam off in some other forum, or on some site designed for that purpose...
My thoughts are that...

Taylor Swift's "main" audience is 67%+ female and her general audience is in the 18-24 age range.

Taylor Swift is no George Gobel.

DeKay
@greg22lz , these posts may seem pedantic or oddball but you’ve been here a long time. I think we have a new generation of members, some who are experienced audiophiles and others who love music and want to build a system and join this hobby.

When I see an "oddball" post I check the date the OP joined. There’s a very high number who have joined in the last year...IMO, a great thing.
This OP has another thread in which he asks for recommendations of high quality recordings to test a system. That sounds like somebody who’s pretty new to high-end audio.

Based on the DR scale, the recording in question is as bad as it can possibly get and is high on the unlistenable scale.
The advice the OP should receive is the explanation of the recording process, compression, and the Loudness Wars.