With Internet radio, (streaming) do AM\FM tuners serve any purpose in HEA?

Probably a dead topic, but I got a used AM\FM tuner recently in like new condition for a great price. Just wondered if any of you out there think tuners like this are still useful. Or not....
mr_m
I have several nice tuners in my collection - including a Scott tube tuner and a McIntosh MR77. Presently listening to NPR "All Things Considered" on 89.7 FM (WUSF Tampa) - using the Diatone (Mitsubishi) DA-F10 (1978). Excellent SQ! This is the only station I listen to because all the commercial stations in my area sound like dreck - musically and sonically. WUSF is a college station. Every night they have an excellent Jazz program from 9 PM to 5 AM! I am blessed to be able to listen to great Jazz programming every night in excellent sound!
It's true, the college stations use low compression on their output, same with NPR. I get some high quality classical and jazz here in Philly.
Rock stations are so highly compressed, just listen to the DJ or announcer's voice.

A FM tuner such a old Marantz,or McIntosh  Vacuum Tube tuners are still highly praised and sound verygood , and some verygood solid state ones .magnum Dynalabs makes or made digital tuners with Vacuum tubes .
the only  draw back with older tuners  is that the better digital stations have up to 
24/96 bit fidelity which is much better and much lower noise floor .
a lot has to do with your streaming setup . And quality of Ethernet 
cabling,bandwidth and modem,router. As A.E once said ,
everything that counts can’t allways be counted!!
I do enjoy my Rotel RT-1084 tuner. Especially for the HD radio. I'm in the Philadelphia suburbs and get the Penn and Temple college stations, like mentioned above. Quite a cross section of music. Sound is mostly excellent, but not always.