With Internet radio, (streaming) do AM\FM tuners serve any purpose in HEA?

Probably a dead topic, but I got a used AM\FM tuner recently in like new condition for a great price. Just wondered if any of you out there think tuners like this are still useful. Or not....
mr_m
Several good fm stations here. Classical, jazz, Colorado Public Radio and the mostly rock Colorado Sound. All public radio with translators all over the state. LA has many good stations too. We have XM too, mostly sucks except the Beatles channel.
I bought a near mint condition Rotel RT-1080 for a bargain price. Right out of it's factory shipping carton it looks and works like new. Thinking about getting a decent powered FM antenna for it and see what happens. This unit doesn't have HD or XM radio. Can't complain though, as I got it so cheap.
I am very fortunate to have several high quality FM stations in my area. I have a late 70's, fully analog tuner (not digitally synthesized) that sounds so much better than when I stream the same stations through my component network streamer. I do appreciate the fact that my streaming device can get music from all corners of the globe, but for sound quality, nothing beats a good, uncompressed FM broadcast.