Nakamichi Cassette Decks

I would like to hear from anyone who can tell me if the Nakamichi decks are better than say a upper end Denon DRW 800A, And second is there a big dirrence in the way the different models sound in playback mode. I' thinking of buying a Nakamichi MR2
fleeceba
My wife insisted that I sell my 2000 cassettes (including box sets) for $2300 just prior to moving. I should add that it included a mint ZX-9. I kept a couple of hundred to use with my RX-505. As l expected, I regret selling them. I still have dreams of chasing down a 1000 ZXL, but I saw one on eBay yesterday for $25K. I’ll have to really think about that one.
From what I have read when the ZX9 came out it became Nakamichi's reference deck. A sleeper deck to research is the HK CD491. Half the price with very close performance or even better than the Dragon but I don't seriously believe the later. I have one and a Dragon but never got to compare the 2 because one or the other was down.
I’m not familiar with the HK CD491. The thing I would remind you about is that there are still Nakamichi techs that can tune up an old deck to be just like new. I’m not sure that’s true for the HK CD491 (Harmon Kardon, I assume) deck you mentioned. Also, what are the odds of finding one, or replacement parts for that matter.
True. There were not as many HKs made for sure. If I knew what I know now back then I would have got the CD 491 because the TOTL Naks were to expensive.