What is the most memorable concert that you had attended so far?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/6e/Nathan_Milstein.jpg

I do not go to concert very often, maybe once or twice a year.

I listen to music mostly through my audio system as much as 4 hours a day.

The most memorable concert that I had attended is the solo recital by Nathan Milstein held at Auditorium of UC Berkely on 1983.

He is one of the virtuoso violinist of the 20th century.

But he was 79 when he played at the recital on 1983.

When he played Partita by Bach, it was not his best.

Although he showed some of his skills, he could not keep up with the fast tempo as much as I wanted.

But as soon as he started playing "
César Franck, Violin Sonata in A Major.
".

I just marveled at the sweet sound of violin.

I could realize why he is one of the virtuoso violinist of the 20th century.

He died on 1992 so it is now impossible to attend his live recital again.

How about you ladies and gentlemen?

What is the most memorable concert that you had attended?
128x128shkong78
So three spring to mind - 

2017 Sylvan Esso at The Village Underground, London. They just knocked the socks off the place, their catchy chorus lines just got everyone into a really positive happy excited mood that felt wonderful in th intimate venue. 

2018 Sons of Kemet at Koko, London. This just a couple of weeks ago. In terms of sheer musicianship the best I have seen. But the thing that really nailed it was that they sounded so fresh, original, unconstrained. I left buoyant about the exciting places new music was going. Plus it was Jazz, and at one point there was a mosh pit. Don’t see that often. 

1998 (about). Bon Jovi, Gateshead Stadium, Gateshead. Best handling of a stadium crowd I have seen, ever. At the height of their Crossroads power, they just smashed the place to bits. 

Damn reubent, what a festival! The line-up has reminded me of a couple other great shows I have to mention.

In the mid-80’s I went to see The Plimsouls (Peter Case’s pre-solo group) at a tiny little "club" on Ventura Blvd. in Studio City named The Garage. It was an actual garage, like a car repair shop (with one of those roll-up, pull-down aluminum doors), with a cement floor the bands set up right on, no stage. There was an opening band whose name was new to me, and when they started playing my girlfriend and I looked at each other in disbelief, our mouths agape. They were GREAT! Turned out to be Los Lobos, whose first English language album had yet to be released. I was an instant fan. They made The Plimsouls sound like what they were, a modestly-talented Garage band.

Another was Steve Earle with The Del McCoury Band at The House of Blues on Sunset Blvd at the time of the release of their collaborative album. They all stood around a single, large diaphragm mic, which ever member’s part was primary at any given moment (verse vocal, 3-part harmony chorus, fiddle, guitar, or mandolin solo, etc.) positioning himself closest to the mic, then backing away when that moment had passed. Absolutely fantastic music making!

Jethro Tull on his Aqualung tour and James Cotton both at my college in the early seventies. I also remember Frank Zappa playing a scintillating solo on Moving to Montana. The rest of his show was pure garbage.

I saw Bob Dylan sing "Masters of War" at the Zeppellnfeld stadium in Nurenberg, Germany. You all know the stadium from the infamous footage of Adolf Hitler addressing huge throngs of zieg heiling Nazi followers, and that giant swastika banner hanging from the podium.

Dylan, who was of Jewish heritage if you were unaware, performed right where Hitler stood and that Nazi swastika hung. In response to "Masters of War", huge throngs of youthful Germans flashed peace signs.
Reading the above posts, I was reminded of one memorable concert in 1973. It was Elton John at the Hollywood Bowl. Elton was introduced by Linda Lovelace (yes, that Linda Lovelace). When they opened the deck of his grand piano, doves flew out. Very memorable!