Dick's / Dave's picks

Anyone else into this series of Grateful Dead recordings?
If so, please list your fave (s) or collection.
jafant
@jriggy

You’ve stated--more eloquently--what I was trying to get at.

For pure energy and enjoyment, I'd take the original recordings over the new remixes. 

Before the Dead put an end t it, I downloaded hundreds and hundreds of soundboard shows from archive.org.

Sadly, I didn’t have enough storage space and got rid of the original lossless files and now only have the shows in MP3 format. Still better than nothing and the shows sound good on portable audio devices and in the car.

jriggy
Did you have scratched discs in your PNW boxed set?  There are many that have defective discs.
Just now listening to Dave's Picks 28, which came in the mail a few days ago.  It is superb.  Sound quality is amazing and the performance is killer too.  After DP27 I wasn't feeling it but this one is great!
@jafant I fell off on the PNW box and need to get back on it. I didn’t know about disc issues so I just checked the final shows I have not gotten to yet and all look ok, except for one that had a big sticky rubbery boogery thing on it, as well as one small scratch. 

@snackeyp is right! Dave’s 28 is one of the best sounding in a long time! So delicate and detailed.  One of the news clippings in the liner notes talks about realistic non-ear-splitting volume levels at these shows, maybe that’s why; the sound system is not being overdriven... Excelent SQ Betty mix! 
Another one with excelent sq is the Hawaii ‘71, as far as being nice and clear and revealing.