Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
I have owned Paradigms practically since the company was founded in 1982.
d2 I agree with you that Paradigm's did  not have the  reputation of being "high end" .Neither were PSB ,Energy and other excellent Canadian speakers.
That's what I liked about them.Most of their speakers to me sounded pretty close to other  very $$$ "high end" speakers.

Had a pair of Studio reference 100s in 2000 which to me sounded much better than some of the "sterile" high end British boxes back then.

Just bought a set of Prestige 85fs and they too sound great.
Paying over $15 grand for speakers,well I just won't budget that high for 'em.not even for Paradigm....
Folks, all speakers have a house sound.  That's due to the compromise that the designer makes.  This is why we either like or dislike specific brands.  I do try to go in with an open mind when any company changes a design practice.  I couldn't listen to Wilson's until Darrel took over and started to use a soft dome tweeter.  Uber dynamic and easier to listen to.  I could easily own pair now, but personally feel they are not detailed enough for my tastes and I don't get the emotion that I hear out of other speakers (including other's not named Vandersteen, lol).  

If you like Paradigm, then you will like these new speakers.  They are very well extended on top, so system matching is more crucial than other speakers (IMHO).  They are just too bright for my ears (as well as many folks I've spoken with) no matter what room they are in.  As I have stated, I've heard them many times in many situations.  That includes a friends house where the room sounds great.  Not overly damped as many are and his electronics are top notch tubes (AR ref gear).  It's the best I've heard them sound, but still just not my cup of tea. His either as he returned them adn is still looking.

That's not a cut at all. It's just that they have a house sound that is Paradigm's.  As I ahvce stated, I own an older pair still.  My daughter uses them for her parties at college (as I had their former top sub with them).  There are a ton of choices in the 35k and under range and of all varieties.  Now, more than ever, it's important to audition in stores and get advice from folks who actually match speakers to various electronics and cables.  System matching is as critical as ever.  There is a market for most gear (some stuff just universally sucks).
If the Personas are matched with Cerious Technologies speaker cables you will get a glorious midrange and delicate highs. All the brightness will disappear.
The Personas take 300 hrs of break in. I highly doubt any dealer has them even broken in properly. Beryllium midranges are brutally honest and you need matching electronics and cabling. Tubes somewhere in the chain sure help.
This is a great speaker but needs time and patience to get the best out of them.  
I still don't understand how you can use a cable to take something away from any speaker and not lose information.  Honest question and it goes for anything.  I am very surprised that if that specific cable needs to be used with the Paradigm in order to tame their high end.  I've never seen them offered at any of their stores I've been to and that's many.  

I listened to the Persona 7F yesterday for about half an hour in a room set up by the company rep. I was extremely disappointed with them. It's hard for me to imagine how a room or pairing of electronics could make a speaker sound that uninteresting, but they were the most uninteresting speakers I've heard in a very long time. I listened to a familiar album. The imaging was there. The bass was there. The details were there. And that's pretty much where they stopped doing their job. The dynamics were completely uninvolving. The tone and timbre, things I generally leave broader leeway for, didn't reflect the reality at all. When I attempted to harmonize with the singer, the difference between my voice and the reproduced voice was stark and very unconvincing. I'd like to think that something was wrong; the electronics or speakers not set up right somehow, a particularly lousy room....  The salesman asked me what I thought of them when I came out. I shook my head. "They're reproducing the music. The details are there, big and small. The soundstage was respectable. But they were thoroughly uninvolving. They had no slam or physicality." He tried to suggest that they were designed much different than the Klipsch LaScala I'd just listened to, and there's no doubt about that! I told him that my Focal at home sounded a LOT more like what I'd heard in that room (pointing to the Klipsch room) than what I just heard in there. I said I realize the tastes of listeners probably vary more than speaker designs do, but those certainly didn't represent excellent listening value to me, next to the Klipsch, or even my modest Focal. 
I tried them loud and soft, and they were commendably free of loss of details at lower volumes which made me think it wasn't so much the room. The shop is selling a brand new pair of 7F's for half off just to get them gone. It's Jamieson's Sound and Vision in Toledo, Ohio if anybody really likes them. They're really nice guys. I walked in and told them I had no intention of actually buying something, but I'd like to listen while my car was getting fixed and they set me up listening to everything I wanted to hear.