Curious what people think is the best "value" high end speaker (~5K to 15K)

I am on a long search for speakers and just curious what people think is the best value both new or used in speakers ranging from around $5000 to $15000? I have a set of Paradigm S8's (V1) and love them but looking for another set for another set in a different listening area (25 x 20?, maybe larger).  I love the full sound of JBL's and looking for something in that range (it also helps that JBL's seem to hold their value better than most, which will be a consideration). The only drawback to JBL is footprint.  I prefer a smaller footprint which is why after reading I hope to listen to several B&W 800 series but open to suggestions across the board.  used Watt Puppies? Revels?  I am curious about peoples experience with McIntosh XR100's. 
gene3x
Smaller Harbeth 30.1 is my main speaker in a 7mx5mx3.5m tall lounge ..... spaced using cardas method but sound is sublime. 40.2 would surely be even better. Need a decent power amp though
Have Heard:
Joseph Audio $13k model
Spendor D series $7-10k
Tannoy Prestige $10-$20k 

Want to hear the Magico A3 but a no show at the RMAF and none in local retailers here.

Tekton- Too in your face for my ears. But many love them you decide.
Pick up slightly used Revel F206s, or something in their league, and mate with a REL or JL Audio sub of $1000-$1500, and you have a KILLER system for under $4000     The vast majority of speakers under $10k just can't do that bottom octave justice.
audiokinesis , Duke I would love to hear what it would take to optimize the soundstage over a large area!  
Technically my listening room is an upstairs open room on one side that has a loft type staircase on the right side where the right speaker would be placed.  I considered walling it off with a curtain type of divider but would look like hell.  In saying that technically my room is larger than I stated if you include it spilling over the staircase into the Foyer where the chandelier hangs and into the open dining room downstairs.  There are two recessed spaces on either side of the room with a fireplce in the middle the middle. My equipment and speakers reside on either side of the fireplace in the recessed area. and the ceilings are angled front and back which I believe is a good thing. 
@cd318 I’ve run a set of version 3.3 Orions for about 10 years now and have had more than one visitor complement them as being of reference quality. The current version, with the SEAS bass drivers is even better, but I’m OK to stay with what I have.

I’ve heard the LX521 at the home of Seigfried Linkwitz and I found them to be even better in some ways. Seigfried had worked at Hewlett-Package designing microwave transmission towers. He viewed loudspeakers as audio frequency transmission towers and had very strong ideas about dispersion and open baffle concepts.

The LX521 has an unusual shape to hold the high frequency drivers, which Siegfried arrived at through much experimentation and measurement. He felt it improved upon the Orion in its dispersion characteristics.

Both designs image very well. Some feel that the LX521 images better than the Orions, but I have no complaints about mine.

The LX521 just is not an attractive looking loudspeaker. If you go to the Linkwitz Lab website, you can find photo galleries for both the Orion and LX521 and see what the very many builders have done. There are a lot of fine woodworkers out there. The Orion is a much more attractive loudspeaker visually and that may or may not be an issue for you.

Because the Orion has been around a lot longer, you can find them used from time to time, at a VERY attractive price - typically around $3000 to $3500 depending on the version and who built them. I have never seen the LX521 for sale used anywhere. Build a pair of those and you will never have a visitor leave without envy.

Neither of these designs is difficult to build. If you don’t have access to a wood shop or otherwise are not a woodworker yourself, any cabinet maker could knock out a pair for you for a reasonable amount of money. Mounting drivers and wiring then up is more than easy.

I would set either the Orion or the LX521 up against any of the $50,000 monkey coffins out there. They remind me a lot of the big MBL and Avalon Acoustics systems, which are at least 10 times the cost.

If you dig around the Linkwitz Lab website, there is a list of Orion owners willing to entertain visitors.  I live in the San Francisco area and welcome any who wish to hear my rig.