Speakers positionning

I just try a new toe-in for my speakers, and it worth the move.  Instead of crossing the focus behind my head ( at position seat), now it cross in front of me at 2 feet.  The highs are well defined and present  with well blend music and no more edgy treble at "forté" passage...  But it depends of your room and speakers...  You can read more about here:
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/speaker-positioning-toe-in.321814/
audiosens
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, the best soundstage along with everything else can ONLY be achieved using a foolproof method like the speaker placement track on the XLO Test CD or similar test CD. The better the room is treated for acoustic anomolies the bettercsuccess you will have with this method. You will find that speakers generally should be placed CLOSER together than people assume AND toe-in is a make do substitute for not having the correct speaker locations and or room acoustics treatments. Trying to find the IDEAL SPEAKER LOCATIONS by trial and error is like trying to solve x simultaneous equations in x + N unknowns. You will inevitably wind up with local maximums but not (rpt not) the real maximums.

@geoffkait wrote: "the best soundstage along with everything else can ONLY be achieved using a foolproof method... The better the room is treated for acoustic anomalies the better success you will have."

Do you think it makes sense to design speakers that deliberately minimize room-interaction acoustic anomalies?   Or do "foolproof" setup methods take the speaker's characteristics out of the equation? 

Duke

While unconventional I've gotten the best soundstage with my speakers slightly toe'd OUT. Yes, they are pointed 1/2" towards the side walls. They are placed 6' apart in a 13.8' wide room and I get a wall of sound across the entire room that envelops my listening position. Eric at Tekton ( the designer and builder) suggested it and I'm glad he did as I wouldn't have tried it otherwise. 
In my listening room, treatment for side-wall reflections is not an option so toe-in is necessary to achieve a solid, focused presentation. Doing so results in a slightly "brighter" sound, which I balance by placing the speakers closer to the front wall for added bass reinforcement..