Anyone with Manley Chinook use a custom Power Cord?

Does anyone have experience using a different power cord with a Manley Chinook other than the one supplied from Manley?  If yes, what was your experience with it?  Did it really make a difference?
128x128soundermn
Thanks, @johnss !  What do you mean "grunge"?  I've read that those aren't in the signal path, so I'm curious how they impact the SQ.  I agree it's easy, and less expensive than a new PC.
Although I haven’t tried a cord with the Chinook, IMO, your best bet would be to install a Synergistic Blue fuse. This will definitely give you bang for the buck compared to any PC out there. Then get the Blue outlet!

Still, if you're looking for a heck-of-a-bargain in a power cord, try the latest Signal Cable silver alloy. At $169 shipped (mine had a 20amp IEC on it), it may be the best deal going. It replaced my long time Shunyata Python Alpha Helix 20 amp feeding my Hydra. Increase in transparency with no negatives at all. I think the Python retailed for $1k.
Okay I use a Signal Cable "Magic" Power cord with my Manley Labs Chinook and it makes a big difference. What I found was a much tighter overall sound if that makes sense, everything improved. Also, putting some brass weights or something to dampen the metal screen casing from vibrating that is a key tweak, imo. Keep in mind that the Chinook is not a heavy piece of gear and the Signal Cable IS, the connection and cable are massive be ready to support it in someway also order 2 feet more than you need this stuff dosent bend easily!

Matt M         
the Chinook sounds very clean in stock form. but when you insert the discrete op amps, the signal is really cleaned up. it makes the stock parts sound out of focus. Correct, they are not in the signal path, but do control the voltage going to the JFETs in the first stage. The other big improvement on the Chinook is to replace all the MC and MM load resistors (located on the back PCB bolted to the rear panel) with Vishay naked or Vishay VSR bulk foil resistors.  
That may be more than the normal user may want to undertake. The Synergistic upgrades are solid and (for real). 

This requires no revisions that will void a warranty.