Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
@ctsooner 
 I agree with what you said about Harbeth. I don’t know what Alan Shaw’s deal is (warped ears perhaps) but the Harbeths scale with gear and most especially the room. I owned the 30.2 for a few months it was by far the best speaker I ever owned before I heard the JBL 4367, but it was limited by my room which is too small for anything at the m30 series size.

as you said, everything sounds different in room. But I would not recommend Harbeth 30.2 in a room smaller then 40m3
Let clarify, because I now own speakers that are bigger than the 30.2: a traditional loudspeaker design bigger than the 30.2 wouldn’t work for me. The Jbl 4367 is far from a “traditional” design with its large woofer and unique horn
Funny story.  My buddy Matt just got back from the NYC Show and told me how much he liked the Harbeth anniversary 40.2....those are the ones I just posted about loving.  He totally agreed with me.  Funny as we both are hard on other speakers.  We know what he like.  The other thing that happened yesterday is that I heard a story from a good friend.,  They were all being shown the 9H's and to a person they had the same reaction and it wasn't positive is all I'll say.  Again, maybe all of these guys (who are in the industry and have no dog in the fight if you would) have the same hearing problems.  I found that interesting though.  Again, if you like the sound, that's awesome, but this is why I read and enjoy reviews and don't listen to them.  (and yes, I have posted links about Vandy 7' s and then Quatro's getting best in show reward for most shows and the Quatro got a best for the money or something like that), but I even posted that I don't go with reviews.  

Just interesting stuff.  

The 40.2's sounded very, very good with CJ preamp and amp at CAF.

The Vinnie Rossi preamp+monoblock combo is by all accounts very good (and should be, at its price), so I'm sure this is right.

Yea, he's like I am, very very selective.  I haven't heard their other models, but I bet they are also very good for their prices.