Songs for Speaker Placement

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my soundstage and imaging right, and experimenting with toe-in, distance apart and etc.

I noticed every song is recorded somewhat differently and this makes it harder. Does anyone know of a list of good songs that can be used as reference for soundstage, imaging, vocals...

Thanks...
slash21
@audionoobie, At least this is what I experience too. I am also experimenting a lot here... 

PS Audio founder Paul McGowan explains midbass in his youtube video titled "Optimal distance Between loudspeakers". I also find different listening distance from speakers affects bass as well. Bass null zones as they call it. You can hear more about it in a Youtube video by Dynaudio titled "A Master class in speaker placement" 1:56 distance to the wall.

Hope this helps.
'Depth of Image' by Opus 3 is IMHO the best recording I've ever heard in reproducing depth of image. It is on LP or CD and may be hard to find now. But I have heard it on a modest system carefully set up and it was so holographic as to be almost spooky. I used it for years setting up my own systems. The hard part was, having heard it perfectly executed, finding excuses for not getting my system to perform as well. :-)_
One caveat to using recorded music, as a metric for speaker placement: unless you receive a soundstage/voice placement map(with the recording), were at the performance, or actually recorded the event, you have no way of knowing if your system is recreating it accurately (no reference) .    With the LEDR, you can accurately pinpoint from where your sounds should emanate(no guesswork). 
 @rodman99999 thanks so very much for sharing the link to the good doctors work and website. I dropped a bit of coin on him and will download the .wav files for use tommorow 
I love this community when sharing and learning are in strong evidence - you kind Sir are an asset to audiogon !!!!!
thanks

jim

Hmmm. 

Wasn't "Songs for Speaker Placement" a Wayne Brady segment from "Whose Line Is It Anyway" ??

Seriously, I second newbee's recommendation of Opus 3's "Depth of Image". 

Duke