Songs for Speaker Placement

Hi all,

I'm trying to get my soundstage and imaging right, and experimenting with toe-in, distance apart and etc.

I noticed every song is recorded somewhat differently and this makes it harder. Does anyone know of a list of good songs that can be used as reference for soundstage, imaging, vocals...

Thanks...
slash21
One caveat to using recorded music, as a metric for speaker placement: unless you receive a soundstage/voice placement map(with the recording), were at the performance, or actually recorded the event, you have no way of knowing if your system is recreating it accurately (no reference) .    With the LEDR, you can accurately pinpoint from where your sounds should emanate(no guesswork). 
 @rodman99999 thanks so very much for sharing the link to the good doctors work and website. I dropped a bit of coin on him and will download the .wav files for use tommorow 
I love this community when sharing and learning are in strong evidence - you kind Sir are an asset to audiogon !!!!!
thanks

jim

Hmmm. 

Wasn't "Songs for Speaker Placement" a Wayne Brady segment from "Whose Line Is It Anyway" ??

Seriously, I second newbee's recommendation of Opus 3's "Depth of Image". 

Duke

I don't know if this will help you in setting up soundstage and imaging but, if you put on Stevie Ray Vaugn - "Tin Pan Alley." I've never heard a track with a wider soundstage. Absolutely cavernous!!!