$10k Speaker Cables??????????????

Where does this madness end??? My friend the editor reviews this craziness!!
https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/reviews/209-in-akustik-referenz-ls4004-air-loudspeaker...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
It's a good question indeed. Also, why did we go wrong ? And why might we be losing a distinction between right and wrong ? Multiple alternative realities, my a$$.
@roberjerman, it was actually Robert Fulton who started it, with his "Brown" speaker cable. Next, I believe, was the Polk Cobra, which had so much capacitance it caused marginally stable amplifiers to oscillate.
If 10k is as 5$ to somebody than 10k speakers wires are for that particular person things he will look at. But if money is a object than you know that 10k speaker cables do not bring you more music. 

We probably all have listened to many high end and ultra high end and high priced systems) and vise versa. 
For me 200k sets with 10k speakers cables 5k interconnects and 30k amps or whatever are not essential for enjoying music or a good sounding system. 

When I come home and fire up my tubes (set) and listen to self made OB speakers and self made IC silver cables and some cheap pro interconnects I have no desire to spend high end prices for equipment or cables. 

I do how ever see them as Pearce’s of Art and for that I disire them. Beautiful crafted equipment and cables are industrial mastrpeaces. Bring them on! 

@bdp24  You sir are correct! I seemed to have forgotten Mr.Fulton and FMI. Also Polk's Cobra cable - I had a set! Sold them and bought a 40 ft piece of Mogami Blue Neglex 2477 OFC 12 ga. coax for $40. Cut it in half and used it for the next 20+ years with my KLH Nines!
Expensive audio gear is the new crack for the Rich! Fancy stuff to fill those rooms in the mansion/hi-rise!