Replacing The Factory Jumpers On Magnepans - Does It Improve The Sound?

I have 1.7i Maggies and would like to try some tweaks if it really improves the sound.  I've read some conflicting opinions on replacing the factory steel jumpers with high end jumpers from some of the well known cable companies, like Cardas, Kimber, etc.  Some people hear an improvement, while others say they can't hear a difference.  If you've upgraded yours, please share your opinion.  
stevehardy1
I had owned Magnepan 3.6 for eight years, this Spring I traded them in on a pair of Magnepan 20.7s.I used silver plated wire for the bybass instead of the OEM steel U devices for the midrange, and on the 3.6 the choke tweak on the tweeters.                                                  .For my 20.7s I am using a Duelund 0.75ohm resistor on the midrange. And a handmade choke (31 turns around a thin wood dowel for the tweeters.Finding out if the better jumpers can be heard depends on your system, and your ears.  I would NOT HESITATE to suggest trying the supplied resistor, and if the warming up in the sound intrigues you, then try some Mundorf 10 watt, (they cost like $1.80 each) and get some 0.5 0.75. 1.0 and 1.5 and try those out. They DO sound better than the stock ones. And if you are made of money, go for Duelund at $55 a pop. they are high end fer' sure.
I'm quite happy with the sound of the Maggies and don't find them bright, so I'm good with not using resistors.  I'd like to squeeze every bit of sound they're capable of reproducing, though.  That's why I'd like opinions of anyone who has upgrade the jumpers.