... POORLY RECORDED SONGS THAT ...

Hello to all...

Was thinking about the songs I luv, that are so poorly recorded that it hurts my ears to listen to them - but because they are so great I just can't help myself 'cause they really moves me:

MEATLOAF: BAT OUTTA HELL

SPRINGSTEIN: ROSELITTA

NICKELBACK: BURN IT DOWN

Can you give me a couple or more, that you think are really great songs and such a disappointment in how they come across recorded (on vinyl, CD, Cassette or whatever...)

justvintagestuff
to onhgwy61: I have a system that I listen to but not everything sounds "peachy", and you don't know how music is gonna sound till you hear it; there are so many recordings of music on different labels from different years that just maybe someone's heard a better version of a song than I have - and I'd like to know that...
and to mapman: thanks for possibly saying in a 'clearer' way for me to understand what onhgwy61 was attempting to say...
I hate to beat a dead horse here, but most CDs in the last few years are engineered with DR range compression that makes them hard to listen to and impossible to correct. No system can significantly enhance what doesn't exist in the recording.

Both of Alabama Shakes albums come to mind. Great stuff. Great writing. Great performing. Bad engineering. And there is no excuse for it.
"Can't Find My Way Back Home" from the Blind Faith album. The best vinyl copy I have, a first UK Polydor, is an improvement over the original US pressing, but the cymbals still sound like trash can lids. The song and performance still shine through despite that. (It's not an ear bleeder, just an awful recording). 
I just keep the poorly recorded stuff in my car.
With road and wind noise, and other distractions, 
(singing, too?) I am not expecting an audiophile
experience anyway.  The good recordings never
make it to the car...

Could segregating your collection by recording quality
be the answer?
@sgordon1 , the narrow DR stuff does sound okay in the car and probably for the reasons you mention.

Its the stuff, like Alabama Shakes' Sound and Color, that would lend itself to hi-fi listening but is poorly engineered that drives me crazy. I don't really want to listen to that in the car or at home.