$10k Speaker Cables??????????????

Where does this madness end??? My friend the editor reviews this craziness!!
https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/reviews/209-in-akustik-referenz-ls4004-air-loudspeaker...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
I seem to remember a set of used speakers for sale here at Audiogon for ~$450,000. I also seem to remember that each speaker had its own built in amplifier. That means you do not need amps/monoblocks or high dollar speaker cables, which really makes them a bargain.

I assume it also means that those of us who have $50k speakers with $10k cables just have no idea what really good equipment sounds like.

Of course the usual response seems to be "Well, I heard a million dollar system at a show and it didn’t sound any better than my $xxxxx.xx system." ;-)

OP asks "when will the madness end." It will end when everyone is as smart, savvy and knowledgeable as most of the "naysayers" on this forum. It will end when audiophiles "get" that when they spend exorbitant amounts on audio accessories, they are primarily concerned, not with the quality of their music, but with what their equipment says about them... to other naive beholders.

E.g.: no one buys a Rolex because it tells time better...because it doesn’t.

Whoa! What? Hey, did someone call for a troll convention?

“Build it and they will come.”