Why are my SF Venere S Speakers not sounding as warm?

I have a beautiful pair of Walnut Sonus Faber Venere S speakers and I use them for everyday surround sound/music listening in our living room.  The issue is I fell in love with these speakers in the showroom, and when I set them up in my living room they sounded almost piercingly bright and not nearly as balanced and pleasant.  I have bi amped them with my Marantz SR 6012 Surround Receiver, ran the room EQ set up as well as tried to manually EQ the system.  I was able to take some of the brightness out and get them to a more balanced sound.  I am VERY happy at the un-hindered sound quality they produce.  However there is not near as much bass as there seemed to be in the showroom (I had them disconnect the separate sub).  Now I understand my room is not treated and that of course makes a difference.  I added a Definitive Technology SuperCube 2000 and that has helped, surprising amount of bass for such a small discreet sub.  What are your suggestions?  What am I missing on the set up of these speakers to get the full range from them?

We have a tile floor and a raised ceiling that is at an angle from approx 9' up to 15'.  We have a large fabric couch with an area rug and wooden coffee table.  The dimensions of the room are approximately 14' deep and 19' wide.

tice34
A link to a pic of your room would help a lot to improve and facilitate good recommendations for you.
OK, I just ordered the Krell 2250 Amplifier and will be using (for now) my Mrantz as the pre amp for the Sonus Fabers.  I know there is a matching pre amp that is recommeded the Krell 280p I believe it is, and I am considering this but also have read A LOT that a tube pre with this Amp is very ideal.
Caphill - Thank you very much for all your input, you made me do a lot of research.  I decided to go with the stereo amp because it seems to provide a better tone and power for just musical playback and if I can match it with a tube pre I may be right where I want to be.  Once I have the Krell in line and get to listen to it for a while and build back up my Audio Budget, I will be on the hunt for the pre.
I will also be using the  "MASTER SET" SPEAKER POSITIONING once everything is hooked up and I will be looking at different room treatment options that can blend with our living room.

Thank you all so much and I will update this when the Amp comes in and I get a few hours out of it!
Since you are now going be using your 6012 as a pre-amp, you will need a set of interconnects to connect to the Krell.  Now, unless you get very good interconnects, you may actually experience a LOSS of audio quality in terms of fine detail, texture, high frequency extension, and possibly bass extension.  I know because I've been using my AVRs for years in this fashion, i.e., with a separate power amp.  I you notice some loss in audio quality, don't let anyone tell you that cables can't make that much difference, trust your ears.  You may have to experiment with multiple interconnects.