What is the most dramatic way of increasing a speaker's Bass and Low mid?

Hi-

I am wondering what would give the most dramatic increase in bass and low mid projection/Volume, even on account of accuracy ...

My speakers can go down to 28hz but i need to boost it’s level, not frequency extension. They are 2 way with bass reflex port. 6.5" woofer size and a tweeter. Floor standing.

My floor is old hardwood strips.

placement and coupling methods are the first things that come to mind. I do not want to add an equalizer at this point.

Spikes, footers, concrete platform, direct floor flush contact? anything and everything that YOU know works.
Speculations on untested methods are not needed as i need real life experience from people.

Thanks!
Rea

128x128dumbeat
Purist Dominus cord on power amp works great, bass sounds right.
But before that - real no BS power amps, then power cords.
Most recordings suck, by the way, maybe "1% cables" is one of the reasons. Another, clean record head, another - use good electronics and microphones, and finally - don’t do lousy job.

Does the speaker have loose specifications?

When you indicate that you want to boost the level of the bass drivers, that suggests you don't consider there to be enough punch, dynamic impact. What makes you think you will get worthwhile macrodynamics from 6.5" drivers? 

dumbeat OP
Yes? isn’t the direct connection to the floor, full on, amplifying somewhat the lows?

>>>>But not much more than an inch or two above the floor with cones, or so it would appear.

Would isolation not kill that acoustic amplification?

>>>>Isolation (decoupling) would prevent mechanical feedback, if that is an issue.

I don’t find my VSMs short on bass, low midrange, or macro-dynamics in a medium sized 20’ x 14’ room with a 7.5’ ceiling. IIRC, the BBAM adds +5db at 35hz and rolls off entirely below 28hz. There is a bit of port effect reinforcement below 30hz.

There is nothing in Stereophile’s measurements to account for the OP’s experience-- except for a roll-off in the 2hz crossover region on axis with the tweeter. (Response is flat with ear positioned at the level of the top of the woofer basket.) You might check for DC output on the BBAM. The woofers can be damaged if the op amps in the BBAM fail to DC and the owner’s amp doesn’t block DC.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/merlin-music-systems-vsm-millennium-loudspeaker-system-measurements

What are you trying to achieve? Are you after natural or un-natural levels of bass? There is almost no material under 28 hz unless you are listening to organ music?