Used audiophile preamp

I’m looking for a used  audiophile preamp either solid state or tube. Looking for recommendations. Prefer less than $4000. Currently own Jeff Rowland Consumate preamp, phonostage and power supply.  Older technology but still excellent. What does newer technology have to offer over what I have?  Soundstage? Musicality? My system includes Linn turntable, Odyssey Kismet monoblocks, Spatial M3 Turbo spkrs, Schitt DAC, Cambridge CD Turntable, PS Nuwave, etc.  Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. All input welcome. Thanks.
wwp347
If you are thinking of tube amplification, i agree CJ....Quicksilver is great too and huge bang for the buck.   I would also recommend going Rowland amp if you were to make an upgrade and stay SS.    My preamps up until recently proved to be the bottleneck of my system,  My c-j pre sounds fantastic and I'm fairly certain it would be big $$$ to improve it.    I upgraded my amps since and they too were an improvement but I honestly think that pre is so good I could upgrade my other components further and the preamp would not be outclassed.

My point, if you have a great pre there are probably better ways to spend your money.
Conrad Johnson pre's are really what they are know for best, although their amps are incredible. CJ Premier product line is usually Stereophile status such as Premier 16LS; Premier 17LS, etc (not Premier 18 in my opinion) ET5 is newer and in ways superior to their new mid product the ET7 (have not heard the ET-7 series 2 which came out w/ in a year of the ET7 release.  Just some recommendations. The price is now always an indicator as well. The Premier 17LS in ways is less liquid than 16LS, but not in a bad way. Most everyone I know who has had a 16LS, had a 17LS and could never completely decide which to keep so they ended up keeping both because there is the slightest difference. They all sound like CJ pre's though. 

I owned both ET5 and ET7 and in my opinion ET7 is a improvement over the ET5. In many ways there is no comparison. Improved clarity, dynamics, staging, imaging, and noise floor. Top end extension on ET7 really shines and is sweet. ET7 series 2 has a bit more refinement.
 Every CJ preamp has its charms!