Streamer Advice: Bluesound Node 2 vs Aries Mini vs Oppo

Hello,

I know a lot of these advice threads already exist, and plenty of useful info from those. I’m looking for a network streamer with a budget of $500 ($600 is my absolute max). I’ll be playing my own redbook quality FLAC files, and streaming via Tidal. The Bluesound Node 2 and Auralic Aries Mini each check a lot of boxes for me, but I’m having a hard time finding an Aries Mini for sale.

My questions are...

Is there a significant benefit to the Aries Mini over the Bluesound Node 2? If folks think I’m better off with the Aries Mini I don’t mind waiting, and continuing the search for one.

And would an Oppo BDP-103 or BDP-105 be a better choice compared to either the Bluesound or Auralic?

I can’t afford the prices that Oppo UDP models are fetching, but I’m finding a lot of BDP-103s between $300-$500 and even some BDP-105s around $500-$600.

Having a Blu-Ray, CD, SACD player coupled with streaming is very enticing. Since Oppo’s digital components are no longer in production my hesitation is software support potentially going away.

Thanks, and cheers!
- MD

128x128bomd
It's also worth noting that I plan on using the internal DAC of whichever streamer/component I end up with.
I own an Aries Mini and cannot speak to the Oppo or Bluesound Node2 What drove me to the Aries were comparative reviews of the units and message boards like this. The reviews were spot on, SQ is excellent to my ears on the Mini but what really tips the scales is its wireless performance which experiences absolutely no dropouts from my Nethear 1750 router  which is on the second floor of my home. 
Having said that the mini does not always synch up with the Netgear 1750 after the routers scheduled shutdown every night and I have to reboot the Aries and/or router to synch them up again. 
This forum is the first I heard of the node 2i and I will certainly give that an audition. If it has the same wireless and audio performance of the mini I would consider buying one. 
@cast

Thanks for replying!  This is good info.  I've read that the Node 2i has a step up in SQ compared to the previous Node 2.  I'm really interested in the Aries Mini, but man, it is hard to come by one for sale. 
Guys, worth noting that you aren't stuck using wifi to connect your server to dac in another room. Whole house adapters that turn your electrical copper wiring into an ethernet extender are a better sounding option. Here's an example that I use although there's plenty of others:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Y3QYTS6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The consensus view of computeraudiophile users is that while direct ethernet is best, this option a clear step up in SQ from wifi with most of the devices mentioned and other similar ones. YMMV. Cheers,
Spencer
I highly advise against ethernet over power if the line is on the same circuit as that used to power your gear. You're introducing noise into the power signal that your equipment receives.