Mapleshade boards under speakers

Hi,
Anyone try these, either the finished or unfinished, 2 or 4", with isoblocks or brass feet?
My floors are soft yellow pine, and I've made overall improvements using a panel of birchply under them, wondering what the maple would do? He certainly makes great claims for them.

Thanks
Chas
Ag insider logo xs@2xchashas1
I use two maple cutting boards sandwiched between two sets of grade 25 tungsten carbide ball-bearings under my 96lb. speakers. Removing the Brass 1/4 x 20 threaded cones that came with the speakers, and putting the 1/2 inch grade 25 tungsten carbide ball bearing in the empty slot works better in my system than brass cones under the maple butcher blocks. So maple and tungsten carbide ball bearing work very well together. This a form of floating your speakers.
Do an Ikea Lack platform, like the Lack Rack, except you'd just be using the two bottom shelves of the set-up (base shelf + first shelf).

Ought to work well, no?
Wow, alot has transpired here since I last checked in! Anywho, wood that can absorb away the mechanical energy from the component/speaker most efficiently, while damping the back energy trying to re-enter the component/speaker, is obviously the winner. Maple does a great job, having to do with it's hardness vs plastic molecular configuration. The really complicated part is fine tuning platforms (or which component and how thick), using footers where needed, and applying anit-resonance devices/weights where needed in combination to achieve a desired result. I have used 4" butcher block under components with great results and 2" butcher block underneath my subs. The subs responded to brass footers under the platforms and in place of there own plastic feet. The components did not respond favorably to brass footers, and the weights were negligible. It is always a process continues scenario, as it should be, for maximum enjoyment of this crazy arss hobby =:O )
I have read all of the pro's and con's of speaker bases. So let me ask your opinions of my situation. I have some left over 2" solid American Red Oak from a mantle I have made. I have Kirksaeter Prisma 210 speakers for the front and rear. As I am remodeling my living room and putting in Oak Hardwood floors, I really don't want the brass spikes into the floor. My home is over 100 yrs old and the living room is over a dirt floor basement. The floor is 2x12's with gaps, covered by 3/4 inch OSB, covered by 3/4 inch Oak Hardwood Floor. Do you think brass cones on the base of the speakers into the 2 inch oak block will make a difference. I am willing to put the brass cones on to the oak slab but then I will have to use either the floor protectors or I was thinking about using the old glass furniture casters. What are your thoughts???