Bryston 9B ST FIVE CHANNEL vs Rotel RMB-1585 5ch

What is the consensus among you?

I have a new Marantz av7704 and B&W cdm9nt's 

What is a better buy, and what will my B&Ws most benefit?

Used Bryston 9B 5ch OR A new/ish Rotel RMB-1585??

Looks like A-gon has a Bryston for $1700ish. I can get a new/ish Rotel 1585 for about $2k

Best choice is :
lightfighter2018
I'd go with the Rotel as well as I had it in my system for about a year. Sound was great though it does take up a lot of room. Seriously consider replacing that Marantz pre amp though. I had the same until I went to the NAD M17V2 and its night and day different. Granted it's a pretty penny more but I heard as much or more of a difference in upgrading my pre as I did the amps.
@geek101 

Appreciate all of the wisdom.

It is exactly what I am looking for:

Best bang for the buck within a reasonable budget - that will make the most out of my B&Ws.

I realize they are not the best. But they are what I have and so I just want an amp that makes them sound great, and that has enough horsepower ( I know that is not the right term, but you get the idea.

My biggest concern was that there are certain amps that will be 'better' with my current gear. Marantz AV7704 and B&W; some amps will NOT make these gears sound as good as others.  I know Rotel works well with B&W, which is why it was on the short list.

However, if there are other amps that will provide better performance, higher quality product etc for my LR -- I am far more interested in that, rather than sticking to a particular brand. 

Not really focused on how the amps look. As they will in a cabinet largely unseen.

Can you comment on the above amps you mention ( except the emotiva ) and how they would be a good fit with my B&Ws... 

Wide stage, forward sound, sweet midrange, heavy meaty bass, etc... I have no idea if Odyssey can offer that... it may be a better built product ... but how does it sound? :)

If Odyssey or ATI is where its at -- I am all in. I just don't have the luxury of wasting money.
Generally I think amplifiers do not have a sound and if they did then it is not a good amplifier in my opinion.

Most of the features you are talking about is how the amplifier can drive and control your speakers well. So that the sound has the attributes you are look for in general. 

A high current amplifier with good damping factor and good class A bias(I am thinking 10 to 20 watts Class A bias will be good for most listening situation). Most amplifiers that are rated for 8 Ohm but can double watts to 4 Ohm and is spec'd to be stable to 2 Ohm is a good amplifier. There is a reason most folks don't state 2 Ohm stability, this is something you have to ask about.

It is hard for anyone to be objective about amplifier, some one will say X amp sounds good with B&W, but then you have break down on why X sounds good otherwise the count of X is quite high. 

http://www.parasound.com/a21+.php , one option is the older A21 used, if I am not mistaken first 10 watts are class A. But either ways keep this mind when going with a Class A/B amp. 

@geek101 

Good advice. Thx.  I don't see Class A rating specs within normal list of specs on any of the amps I have been researching. How does one acquire such info to make a better, informed decision in amplifier choice?

@lighfighter2018 email or call the company , sometimes reviewers mention this. Ask around here.

I found Benchmark AHB2 to be such an amp it is like class A but with lower (ridiculously)
distortion. But it is $2k used if even one can get it.

But I found it to be cheaper to lot of class A/B amps and be better at specs in every way.