What is the most dramatic way of increasing a speaker's Bass and Low mid?

Hi-

I am wondering what would give the most dramatic increase in bass and low mid projection/Volume, even on account of accuracy ...

My speakers can go down to 28hz but i need to boost it’s level, not frequency extension. They are 2 way with bass reflex port. 6.5" woofer size and a tweeter. Floor standing.

My floor is old hardwood strips.

placement and coupling methods are the first things that come to mind. I do not want to add an equalizer at this point.

Spikes, footers, concrete platform, direct floor flush contact? anything and everything that YOU know works.
Speculations on untested methods are not needed as i need real life experience from people.

Thanks!
Rea

128x128dumbeat
Hello,
          Your request is not possible with the speaker you have, period. I have PMC speakers which are transmission line design and have great bass at lower levels but to get an increase at 28hz is unrealistic. I use a PMC twenty5.sub for foundation level bass below 60 hz. It blends in perfectly. Don't waist your good money on tweaks. 
Happy listening.
dumbeat

My experience with 2 way speakers ( rear ported )  showed me that 
moving the speakers closer to the walls create bass bloat ,
so stay at least 2 feet from the front wall .
Spikes are good as others  have suggested , but the thing that
made the bass stand out the most was corner room treatment ,
for my room it was the corners behind the speakers that cleaned up ,
cleared up and tightened up bass response .
Cables do make a difference , try to find 10 gauge or larger .

Good Luck
Rob

Hi , I’ve had similar issues, but with a different type speaker . I am not able to buy a $4k item for tone , since I currently exist in a Mid-Fi price point . 3 kids with cars and college just ended , so maybe soon . So I purchased the Schiit Loki and have had good results . I’m currently running Zu’s on extremely thick carpet , but get decent Bass . So I tried different spikes and spent $400 on some really nice Timber Nation footers . Unfortunately they killed my sound ( I was really surprised ). I emailed Zu and Sean gave me some suggestions to try . In the end I removed the footers . But contact your speaker builder as they know the best tweaks for their products . I have tube amps and pre , so I was able to adjust my bass by running KT120’s over smaller power tubes . But it’s always give and take . For little or no money you could try digital correction programs on a laptop streaming Tidal . Amarro for example when used on a Mac , will do MQA unfolding and frequency curves prior to your DAC . You can trial it or buy for $100. So on the cheap , the Loki , footers, digital software. Hope this helps, Mike . 
I
know you mentioned you didn't want to try equalization, but........if all else fails, maybe trying a Schitt Audio Loki equalizer might help. I have read it is transparent to the source whether it is in or out of the circuit. I think the frequencies it handles are 20hz, 400hz, 4k, and 8k. Fairly cheap at $150. IMO
II purchased one of these to boost the low end when listening at low volume levels at night. Basically, using it as a loudness switch. I ended up keeping it on most the time due to the dramatic bass increase. Since, I've added a sub and now only use it at very low volumes (my preamp has a tape loop, so its easy to turn the eq on an off)
Hi Dumbeat,

I know that it seems ridiculous, but it is absolutely true.
Power Power and more Power is the the way to clean articulate sound.

I was a skeptic for many years. Only because, I am not wealthy /rich and I did not want to spend more money on the least sexy, unseen items in my system. 

I came to a point where I felt that I had to change my speakers because I was not getting enough of - everything out of them. I chalked it up to  needing new speakers.

Lucky for me I do happen to have a few rich friends with disposable incomes who have become audiophiles over the years. One of them suggested that before I invest in new speakers that I try out one of his Power Cables. They have been very generous in letting me audition some of their equipment / cables in my own system so that I could make my own determination.

As much as I didn't want it to be true. The hard truth was that there was absolutely no comparison. I could tell in the first 6 seconds.  It was like I had added an entire new component or amp, rather than some Power Chord.

By introducing that Power Chord I had a completely new system. I realized that all those years my system was only operating at 50% at best. With the Power Chord it was a true 100%.

My speakers had real grip - the drivers working like pistons pushing air, the music had texture, detailing of cymbals, stops, broken guitar strings, the spit that formulates in ones mouth before Sound emanates from the depth of ones throatn - all the stuff that I had been missing!!!

Ultimately what I have come to understand is that in a home system for someone who is fanatical about sound quality - 25-35% investment from the total budget is typical for power delivery and cabling .

What I suspect is that you're  1%  assessment is made on the total investment on a Professional Facility. Equipment, Room Treatments, Lease Holds - average electric bills run from 2K  into the tens of thousands depending on the size.   

A Professional Facility also has an Unseen Foundation which would contain several Substations, Linear Filtration Breakers with Dedicated Lines to Specialized Outlets and then Professional Grade Power Strips.  Taking in all of that cost into account the actual Power Chord / Cables may end up being 1% of the total cost. 

The bottom line is that only you will know. You gotta make the time to check it out for yourself. Do you know what power delivery is used at the professional facilities you have been in? What are the cable used in the facilities etc.

I still have the same speakers, same amps. Added a Sub and a Super Tweeter. Admittedly its taken some time and investment but everything has been purchased off the used market. The juice was definitely worth the squeeze. 

The Cable Co. has a great audition policy you may want to check out ask for Jason. Least expensive way to check out some cables without purchase - unless you have rich audiophile friends....
www.thecableco.com

Stage 3 Concepts - The Kraken is the 6 second cable I referred to.
www.stage3concepts.com

Analysis Plus - Silver Oval 2 I also use
www.analysis-plus.com

HB Cable Design - fantastic Power Distributor 
http://www.hb-cable-design.com

Thales - Great Interconnect and Speaker Cables
www.tonarm.ch

Henry Rollins - has something to say...
www.stereophile.com/writer/26884