Good FM tuner for around $1K

I’m looking for a decent FM tuner, would like to spend less than $1200 if possible. Used is ok, maybe even preferable. Any advice, or recommendations would be helpful and appreciated.
tlong1958
@yogiboy 
very tempted to just take the simple route and buy a new MD like yours. Sounds like you’re happy with it, have you had it a long time?
@tlong1958
I bought it used about 8 years ago. I’ve owned many vintage tuners including Accuphase, Sansui, Luxman, Kenwood, etc., etc.
I paid about $600 for it. Save yourself some cash and buy a used one. There is a dealer selling a silver one here for $600. You should make an offer on it.
Those vintage tuners are a headache if you have a problem. Magnum Dynalab is still in business.
Here is the owners manual!
http://www.magnumdynalab.com/pdfs/manuals/manual-MD90.pdf

Vintage equipment CAN be a problem, but McIntosh tuners certainly aren't. Audio Classics are experts at repairing, restoring, and modifying them all. The designer of the MR74, 77, and 78 offers updates to those tuners (through Audio Classics), incorporating all he has learned in the years since he designed them. While the Magnum Dynalabs have good audio sound, their RF performance is only average, not anywhere near as good as the Macs. Look for Don Scott's evaluations of both lines (a Google search will lead you to them) for more info on them, and all other tuners.