$10k Speaker Cables??????????????

Where does this madness end??? My friend the editor reviews this craziness!!
https://www.soundstageaustralia.com/index.php/reviews/209-in-akustik-referenz-ls4004-air-loudspeaker...

Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
I guess everyone is different about money. And it is always easy to look into someone else's situation and criticize it because it doesn't fit our own outlook.

There is the idea that if you have tons and tons of money then blowing it on $10,000 or $40,000 speaker cables is the thing to do.

I don't think I would be that way....I wish someone would give me tons and tons of money to test my theory.

But I was reading a sickeningly pretentious magazine called Garden & Gun that my wife gets and there was a model on a boat wrapped in a beach towel. The list price of the beach towel was $400. I think I can safely say that even if I was uber-rich I would have no need or desire for a $400 beach towel.

When I'm searching for a $10 item I'll still try to find one for $9.
But I was reading a sickeningly pretentious magazine called Garden & Gun that my wife gets and there was a model on a boat wrapped in a beach towel. The list price of the beach towel was $400. I think I can safely say that even if I was uber-rich I would have no need or desire for a $400 beach towel.
All depends if the model is included...…….
Garden & Gun? Are they crazy? What’s next, Field & Stream & AK-47? Home & Design & Semi-auto? Country Living & Bump Stock?

I might not go for $10 000 speaker cables but good towel might be worth the asking price at some point. It may sell for less than list price, too.

$400 for a towel without a model must, in a long run, be much cheaper than $400 for the towel with a model. All of a sudden, those $10 000 cables do not seem so exorbitantly expensive.

How much was the boat?

@geoffkait  Garden and Gun? Its a southern thing. If you'e not from here, don't try to understand it. I live it. But not like in the magazine.

uberwaltz, model not included. Can't say she was all that pretty anyway.

glupson, if I recall it was one of those restored wooden runabouts that cost the same as a Ferrari. Or maybe it was a sailboat. Or a dock. I threw the magazine down after seeing $400 towel.