Is it time to just quit?

Time to just quit?                      
Buying audio stuff?                             
Posting to an empty house?                          
My gut feeling is no one is posting in the regular 'free' threads. Maybe they all are paying to post? I could not know, since I am way too cheap to pay to just post 'exclusive'.  Being natural paranoid, I think everyone is posting over there, not here?                                       
Then I also just hit my limit on credit card Paypal. Now I have to become "verified' or no Paypal.    
This also happened at a fortuitous moment, when I was starting to overspend...             
So no buying OR selling here for me (unless I am willing to get the Paypal CC. Which I have to think about)So maybe the Universe is telling me "Time to quit".???  
Not quit listening to music, just NOT buying more stuff and NOT posting more gibberish.
elizabeth
elizabeth,

Please don’t quit.  I very much enjoy and appreciate your knowledge and incites.

JD
pack it all away and get an Alexa and just listen to music instead of a stereo system.  Simple pleasures.
s@curiousjim
Was “incites” a Freudian slip or intentional?  One of the things that I have always enjoyed about Elizabeth’s posts is the way that some other posters seem to be incited by them and respond with spirited comebacks.

syntax2,029 posts11-25-2018 7:47pm... listening to digital is like having a shower with thousands
of tiny ice cubes, listening to vinyl is having the shower with water. ...

@syntax this is a great analogy!  
I think that what we all need every now and then is a new music-loving friend.  My GF (over 3 years now) was always into music, but didn't know what a nice stereo can sound like.  It's been really fun helping her understand the nuances that the system brings to light, and in this case, her helping me discover new music.

Together, we now discover new music all the time, and at least once per week, we sit and listen to music.  We talk about the artists, read the covers, check out the band on "the google", and learn.  It's really amazing to see how they fit together... like how often certain artists are found on other bands' albums.

It's really fun discovering the new music, and appreciating how great music can sound in the right environment, with the right equipment, with a tasty beverage... and of course the right person who can enjoy it with you!

I've also met a few audiophile friends in the area, and I'm learning to appreciate other people's systems as well.  It's an interesting way to enjoy and sample the gear without necessarily buying something.