B&W 802 N vs. D

I apologize in advance since this is probably an old question, but can someone summarize for me the differences in the sound of the 802 N and 802 D? I am wondering if the D's are worth the extra $$ they go for.
diw
That's right, Missioncoonery, we are done with this!
Like you wrote before "we agree to disagree".

BTW, what the heck are you doing in this thread?? This forum is a DISCUSSION forum where we discuss topics including those that do not align w/ your likes & dislikes. If you have nothing useful to contribute in this thread (or anyother) then get lost; find another thread that you can be useful in. Simply bashing B&W (or any other brand) is NOT what anybody wanted in this thread.
Remember we are in an audio discussion forum - if you don't like a topic(s) then stay out of their. No need for you to participate & spew your venom.
You are right, we are done here. Goodbye!

Now, back to Diw's question comparing 802D vs. 802N. Members with useful comments should kindly contribute. Those that do not like this topic, keep out! (many topics in this forum will not be to your liking but try to remain civil all-the-same). Not that I like or want to be doing this but I'm pretty sick of nimrods like Missioncoonery who think they know everything swooping in & raining on someone's thread. People like this should just stay away from audio discussion threads as these sort of people are not open to any discussion - their minds are made up & they are out to bash brands that they do not like/prefer - they are no use to anyone in a discussion forum.
WHy do people who hate B&W keep responding to B&W threads? I will answer my own question: Most( not all) audiophiles I have met are complete geeks who can't seem to tolerate others opinions and tastes. They have the typical "small man attitude".They seem to have a real distain for many highly suscessful brands.They think they know more about engineering than the audio engineers who work for B&W, Wilson,Theil etc. but most of these audiophiles don't possess any post secondary degrees in mathematics,physics or electricity etc. They continually mouth off on the internet like spoiled brats.Yeah, basically they just sound like very highly opinionated idiots with a big yap.
THE BOTTOM LINE TO OUR B&W BASHER IS: ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS & SKY WALKER STUDIOS, THEY CAN BUY ANY SPEAKER BRAND IN THE WORLD , YET THEY USE B&W'S. Hmmm I guess your right they are slow & stoddgy & suck. Thats why they record 90% of the music you listen too!!

They are far from Dinasours living on past reputation, these peoples livelyhoods depend on their equipment in this case speakers & they choose B&W, not Focal, Wilsons, ect., ect., END OF STORY ON B&W BEING BETTERED BY MANY OTHER SPEAKERS!!
Bom:

I love it you hit the nail on the head!! people who's paycheck rely on their equipment , carpenters, Studio engineers, ect. Now I would listen to their opion on equipment!

Once again I have said three times the 802d does sound about 40% better than the 802N. I would purchase 2 802ds for the front mains & the hmt2d center & be done with it. I run class D amplification to my 802ds & they sound wonderfull. Rated at 220 watts per channel continous at 8 ohms.
Diw, did you decide yet? It's a shame so many people can have so little to offer. If you like the B&W sound then the D's will sound much smooter and more open with less grain and a sweeter tone. If you want a complete overhaul then many possibilities exist that are more efficient to drive and may be more expressive at lower volume levels.