Sound Quality of red book CDs vs.streaming

I’ve found that the SQ of my red book CDs exceeds that of streaming using the identical recordings for comparison. (I’m not including hi res technology here.)
I would like to stop buying CDs, save money, and just stream, but I really find I enjoy the CDs more because of the better overall sonic performance.
 I stream with Chromecast Audio using  the same DAC (Schiit Gumby) as I play CDs through.
I’m wondering if others have had the same experience
128x128rvpiano
Never mind my questions.  I think I found the reclocker device I need and how to hook it up.

Forgive my ignorance.
Agreed with all above that CD offers superior playback performance when compared to streaming. For this reason, I think it’s just a matter of time before CD makes a come-back, similar to vinyl.
For this reason, I think it’s just a matter of time before CD makes a come-back, similar to vinyl.
Hope your right, as I will not take a backwards step.

Cheers George 

Radio was not - is not  free just spend 10 mins listening to it and you hear the not free part every other song they are called advertisements. I'd pay $10 a month for free from adverts with out question. in the age of $5 coffee $10 a month for all the music you can stream is a very good deal IMO.

once your streaming equipment is the same quality as your CD player I think you'll hear they are the same or better if higher rez files.

same or better if higher rez files.
If your talking DSD, it sucks just like sacd did, compared to PCM/Redbook 16/44 or 24/96 and if it ever pulls it’s finger out DXD.

Cheers George