Digital streaming options for my system are confusing

I appreciate your advise in advance as I am more of a old school vinyl/cd guy. I have a McIntosh MAC6700 integrated receiver. It has a DAC but tech in this area is evolving at such a rapid rate that I am confused as the best way to access a high audio quality streaming/digital playback source. I have heard hi end streaming services (Tidal?) are great but my Amp does not have a direct iPhone/iPad connector. What is the best way to go that will keep my system simple and easy for the whole family to access? 
telemarcer
I don’t know wher high end starts but my node 2 sounds wonderful through my KEF R900’s. If that’s midfi, then I’ll take two!  😼
I can wholeheartedly recommended Bluesound. I have the Vault 2 but if you do not need or want CD ripping ability then the Node 2 or latest 2i should work.
One other point on the Vault is that it takes hard wired internet only where the Nodes take wireless.

I used to run my Vault via spdif into McIntosh c48 pre which has very similar DAC to the mac6700 although possibly a generation earlier.

It sounded stunning is best word for it.
Have since moved on many times on amps, DAC etc but still have the Vault as to better it I know I need spend a LOT more than the $1050 it cost me couple years back.
Another vote for Node 2. The newest version is the Node2i. If you get a Bluesound and stream Tidal and the MQA albums, you might be surprised at the quality of sound. Auralic, Lumin and Innuous have some high quality offerings but I have found NAD and Bluesound are really dedicated to customer support. To me customer support often gets overlooked when choosing brands. Some companies and dealers promise the world when you pay top dollar for the gear, but fall short with delivering service. I have had stellar IT support for networking issues with the modestly priced Node 2.
OP, what’s your budget? I also have a Node2 and like it a lot but there are better streamer/DAC combinations out there. You can even start with a $35 Chromecast Audio and use optical link into your existing DAC and see how you like it.  As for 24 vs. 32 bits or 96 vs. 192k, by far majority of the best MQA encoded content from Tidal is at 96 so your DAC’s optical input will suffice.