Streamer Advice: Bluesound Node 2 vs Aries Mini vs Oppo

Hello,

I know a lot of these advice threads already exist, and plenty of useful info from those. I’m looking for a network streamer with a budget of $500 ($600 is my absolute max). I’ll be playing my own redbook quality FLAC files, and streaming via Tidal. The Bluesound Node 2 and Auralic Aries Mini each check a lot of boxes for me, but I’m having a hard time finding an Aries Mini for sale.

My questions are...

Is there a significant benefit to the Aries Mini over the Bluesound Node 2? If folks think I’m better off with the Aries Mini I don’t mind waiting, and continuing the search for one.

And would an Oppo BDP-103 or BDP-105 be a better choice compared to either the Bluesound or Auralic?

I can’t afford the prices that Oppo UDP models are fetching, but I’m finding a lot of BDP-103s between $300-$500 and even some BDP-105s around $500-$600.

Having a Blu-Ray, CD, SACD player coupled with streaming is very enticing. Since Oppo’s digital components are no longer in production my hesitation is software support potentially going away.

Thanks, and cheers!
- MD

128x128bomd
I recently purchased a Bluesounds Node 2i.  I have it connected via WiFi and am using Audioquest NRG-2 C7 power cable, and Audioquest Sidewinder Interconnects.

Very happy with the performance and user interface.  This is an incredible product for $500.  No complaints so far!!
I would think there would be little difference in SQ between Node 2 and Node2i since both have the same DAC.
FWIW, as a former Oppo 105 owner, although it's a real swiss army knife and well made, the sound quality of its dac is just okay. IMHE, stepping up to something like a Schiit Gungnir multibit(my choice) or Chord Hugo is a huge improvement in almost every sonic quality. Cheers,
Spencer
I’m late to the party, but I am personally planning to switch from the Aries Mini to the Node 2i. I have an outboard Yggy, so I plan to run it through that. The Mini, for me, is a wee bit too unreliable in my particular house/setup etc. I haven’t listed it anywhere yet, but happy to sell it to anybody here. Send me a message with a reasonable offer!