The Future of Audio Amplification

I have recently paired an Audio Research DS225 Class D amplifier with an Audio Research tube preamplifier (SP8 mkii). I cannot believe how wonderful and lifelike my music sounds. The DS225 replaced an Audio Research SD135 Class AB amplifier. Perhaps the SD135 is just not as good as some of the better quality amps that are out there, but it got me thinking that amazingly wonderful sonance can be achieved with a tubed pre and Class D amp. I have a hunch that as more people experience this combination, it will likely catch on and become the future path of many, if not most audiophile systems. It is interesting that Audio Research has been at the forefront of this development.
distortions
george, you would have had more credibility arguing against people trying to make a buck, pushers, etc., if you stopped pushing your passive preamps every time the topic of preamps comes up.
Going way off topic here, sorry.
George, I have used several upgraded fuses ovr the last decade. I find them beneficial and each different in the sonic interpretations

RE: Passive Pres: Are they TRUE passive if they have a input buffer?
A good tube preamp with tubes to taste and coupled with a great SS power amplifier is IMHO the best thing since sliced bread. It is like having your cake and eating it. Great SS amplifiers come in various topologies - overall design being most important - but I seem to like MOSFET output stages most and Class A.

As far as fuses go....well I stay clear of such garbage boat anchor components - anything that changes audibly due to a change of a fuse is obviously a hopeless design to begin with. Good luck to those who own such ridiculously finicky pieces of equipment.

shad,

Only of your system is 100% true balanced, but then you won't need tubes anyway. True (differentially) balanced cures a lot of ills. Sadly, most reviewers have no clue
I don't doubt the NuPrime is great, but how many of us have 8K for amps? If the tech interests you, check out Nord from the EU. Very reasonably priced and high quality using latest IcePower