No right channel in new cartridge

I just got a Sumiko Blackbird & mounted it.  I have no right channel. I haven’t fine tuned the mounting but, That shouldn’t make me lose a whole channel.  Once or twice I’ve heard a hum in the right channel before I put the needle down. When it goes down it stops & goes silent.  The channel isn’t effected in CD, DVD or radio.

i bought it here(all positives on the seller) & it only had 10 hours on it. It didn’t come in the original box but came screwed into a box... seemed pretty secure.  I checked & reconnected all the pins, jacks into the AVR & ground wire.

What should I try next?
tochsii
Lewn, it was DOA. No just meant the person who sold it to me said he had 10hrs on it.

Tro, the head shell is part of the arm. it’s a Rega 200.
cleeds, the dead channel follows when I reverse the leads. That would mean it’s the cartridge?
tochsii
... the dead channel follows when I reverse the leads. That would mean it’s the cartridge?
It's either the cartridge, or the wiring between the cartridge and your phono section. That could mean the wiring in your pickup arm or the cable going from the arm to the phono section.
 Now switch the connections at the rear of the cartridge itself. If the problem moves from one channel to the other when you do that, you will know that it is the cartridge that is defective. At that point, I would consider returning the cartridge to the seller for a full refund. Why should you have to fix or deal with this issue? 
Lewn, do I switch straight across? 
White with Red
Blue with Green

Even if the cartridge is returned, this is an education.  

But, I would rather be playing my music.